[AccessD] Create a .lib library for use with Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Mar 22 21:04:47 CDT 2023

On 22 Mar 2023 at 11:00, Arthur Fuller wrote:

For example, I have one group of date/time
> functions that extend the built-ins: LBDoM() returns the last business
> day of the month, third Monday of the month and so on (that one takes
> parameters so you're not committed either to "third" or "Monday"). In
> Canada, certain government payouts arrive on dates calculated in that
> fashion: Old Age Supplement and Canada Pension Plan, for example,
> arrive on the third last business day of the month.

I've got a  bunch of standard VBA modules for such groups of functions.

Things like  modDateFunctions, modReLinker, modFTP etc

It's trivial to import the ones you need into an application and you don't have to mess around
with additional "add-in" files and making sure they are in the right place if the primary accdb
file location is changed.

And by importing a module, I can easily tweak it if I need to add or change a business rule for
a  specfic application.