[AccessD] DoCmd.GotoControl shifts form?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:42:33 CDT 2023

Has anyone had experience with DoCmd.GotoControl shifting the form around a
little if the form isn't "Wide enough"?  I have a popup that if it's just
narrow enough to fit ALL the data, but docmd.gotocontrol will shift
everything to the left a little bit (seen in this video)

https://www.screencast.com/t/xvBhK3oCr

If the form is slightly wider, this doesn't happen but makes the form look
weird with empty space on the right (this is a popup form with a sizable
edge I'm tinkering with for people to move it to a second monitor (which is
vertical, thus more narrow).

If you watch, my index on the left (blue rectangle) gets cut in half as it
moves off view and so far the only fix is to close the form and re-open it.

The GotoControl is part of the ADD/DELETE/COPY buttons on the ribbon and
have been working well on maximized forms (can't repo it there)....