[AccessD] DoCmd.GotoControl shifts form?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 17:22:06 CDT 2023

Yeah I wish I could show more but I’d need to blur out some sensitive data and my screen recorder doesn’t have a way to do that.

The add button is a 4 step process.

1 screen.activeform.setfocus
2 docmd.gotocontrol “child1”
3 docmd.gotocontrol “topcontrol”
4 docmd.gotorecord ,,AddNew

Step 2 is where the form sort of jumps around, depending on window size and control sizes.  I don’t think it’s usual to set the subform control itself in focus but I can’t jump to the top control without jumping to its parent control first. Which leads to:

For some reason gotorecord doesn’t add a new record if I try and just set focus on the top control ala:

 forms!lrc!child1!topcontrol.setfocus

🤷

Most of the forms in the DB use the ribbon controls to add/delete/copy records in the same manner so changes to this code aren’t really in the cards

Sent from my iPhone