[AccessD] Scrollbar flicker even with scrollbars set to neither on ADO bound form?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:33:41 CDT 2023

Tinkering with what Paul had discussed in another thread about ADO Bound
recordsets (and stored procedures):

My usual setup is:
Left side has a listbox, this is my index for a user to "walk through"

Subform (or even main form) shows the extended data.

If I scroll quickly through the records (or even sometimes, not so quickly)
a scrollbar will flash on the left side of the form.  I've narrowed it down
to my Index_AfterUpdate event where I re-set the recordset to filter the
form:

Sub ListBox_AfterUpdate()
    rs.filter = "ID = '" & Me!Index & "'"
    set me.recordset = rs
end sub

Setting application.echo false at the beginning of the procedure and true
at the end of the procedure gets rid of the scrollbar flashing, but at the
expense of the index flashing.  Setting scrollbar to neither on the form
has no effect on whether the scrollbar momentarily becomes visible

Check it out:

https://www.screencast.com/t/fNox7msfC3

So it seems right now I can either allow the listbox to flicker, or the
scrollbar to flicker.   I guess the listbox flicker is the lesser of the
two visual annoyances.