[AccessD] ampersand curiosity

Steve Schapel steve at datamanagementsolutions.biz
Sat May 20 20:21:22 CDT 2023

Hi all.

I haven't participated actively in this group for a while, but it's
great to still have the connection.

I wanted to display a symbol on a toggle button, the symbol being a
character from the Webdings or Wingdings font.

I have done this before, obviously by using the control's Caption
property, and it has served my purpose well.
(For the record, to achieve a kind of "poor man's conditional
formatting" on a continuous view form.)

All good, until the Webdings character I wanted to use was the one that
corresponds, in a regular text character font, with the '&' character.
Hmmm, doesn't work.

And then, as part of my trouble-shooting efforts, I discovered something
that some of you possibly know (but I didn't), that even using a regular
font, using a Caption of & or && does not show up on the control.

This isn't too debilitating - I can get around it another way.  But I
found it curious, and wondered whether anyone has any light to shine on
this.  Thanks.

Regards
Steve