[AccessD] Text in the Status Bar

Paul Wolstenholme Paul.W at industrialcontrol.co.nz
Thu May 25 22:20:11 CDT 2023

Hi,

I have an Access 2010 application running on client computers with various
Access versions.
In some instances I use VBA to set, and then later to clear, a status bar
message:

' Set a status bar message
SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, "A message goes here")

' Clear any status bar message
SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, " ")

>From that point I would like the status bar to show the content of the
status bar text property of the current form's current control.

I've been seeing some unexpected results on Access 2016 during a site
visit where detailed testing wasn't practical (the licence was Office
Professional 2016).  I don't have that version on my own computers.
My research is showing some references to

SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)

or
SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, " ")
SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)

Does anyone know what command sequence can be relied upon to return the
status bar to displaying the status bar text property on all Access
versions (or at least >= 2010)?

I've also seen Access 2016 showing a truncated version of the status bar
text property.  Can anyone please tell me how that might come about?  There
is no usage of the progress bar in the database so I hoping that isn't it.

Paul Wolstenholme