[AccessD] vbWatchdog error handler

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue May 30 02:03:51 CDT 2023

Me too. :)

Error handling should be pro-active.  Untrapped errors that require this sort of framework are
an indication of poor design and testing.
It's just a PITA that the VBA developers have never bothered to implement  Try...Catch and
you have to resort to IFs and/or the clunky On Error Goto.

In the rare event that a user finds a new way to break the application,  they will generally let
you know and you can implement a fix.

I can see it being useful during pre-release testing, but not in production.