[Dba-office] Referencing previous sheet in Excel

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Dec 21 13:00:11 CST 2014

 Susan --

I suppose to solve your task you can set a Scope for a Name. Let's say your sample B2 cell names are keeping Month Total Sum values. Then you can define the same name, let's call it 'MonthTotalSum' for your [January], [February], [March] worksheets and for:

- [January] worksheet set 'MonthTotalSum' name's scope to [February] worksheet;
- [February] worksheet set 'MonthTotalSum' name's scope to [March] worksheet;
- [March] worksheet set 'MonthTotalSum' name's scope to [April] worksheet'

And when you'll reference

- MonthTotalSum name in your formula in [February] worksheet you'll actually reference 'January'!B2;
- MonthTotalSum name in your formula in [March] worksheet you'll actually reference 'February'!B2;
- MonthTotalSum name in your formula in [April] worksheet you'll actually reference 'April'!B2;

-- Shamil