[Dba-office] Excel chart axis problem

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:02:18 CST 2015

Last week, I asked if any of you knew of a way to hide the x axis labels in
a line (or any) chart, when the series value is blank. I've continued
researching and although I've read a few conversations about a technique,
I've not been able to get it work.

I've read that you can change the X axis type from automatic (category) to
Text. I've seen the pictures where it seems to have worked, like magic. I
can't get it to work.

Have any of you tried this and if so, were you successful?

<http://www.excel-user.com/2009/10/excel-charts-do-not-show-empty-dates.html

I've tried it in 2003 and 2010. I've read about this in several threads now
so I think this is something I'm not doing right or some other little
nuance the authors fail to mention????

Any help on this one?

Susan H.