[Dba-office] Word macrobutton field question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 06:32:54 CST 2015

I've never used Word's {macrobutton} field before and I tried yesterday,
but couldn't get it to work. I used the interface to insert it, using the
name UpdateFields as the macro name -- from the provided list. I think
created a sub procedure named UpdateFields() and added it first to a
module. When it didn't trigger, I moved it to ThisDocument. I never could
get a click of the field to fire the macro.

My first question is -- do I understand this field's function correctly.
You dropped it into a document an the user clicks it to run a macro?

If that's correct does anyone else use them? I'm wondering why I can't get
it to work as expected. I didn't find much documentation on the field.

Susan H.