[Dba-office] Outlook template and macro

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:53:36 CST 2016

This is definitely good news and like you, I've never found a way to save a
modified template. I've researched and left questions - I have no idea how
to do it. Maybe you can't. But I'm glad you were able to do this for your
client!

BTW, define sloppy -- do you mean shortcuts such as no commenting, no naming
conventions, etc. or are you referring to bad code decisions? Just curious.

Susan H.

Hi Susan

Job done, happy client, and the links were a good help. Thank you.

The task was from a special received mail to create a respond mail with some
extra info (phone number for an SMS gateway). I used an InputBox to get the
number, then send the mail silently without displaying it. Thus, I could use
the existing template and modify it via code only so, luckily, I didn't have
to redesign the template. I haven't found out how to save a modified
template, and it is hard to search for solutions because the keywords lead
to a bunch of irrelevant results.

I partly had to modify some existing code (not by me) and, once again, it
struck me how much sloppy code "programmers" get away with ...

/gustav