[dba-SQLServer]Re: [AccessD] indexes in ADP

Michael Maddison mmaddison at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 4 17:50:57 CST 2003

Also you can have only 1 clustered index per table.  By default when
creating
a PK (Identity) in EM it will create a clustered index.  I assume the same
for
an ADP, I don't have SQL installed at home so I can't check...

cheers

Michael M

ADP's are nothing more than FE hooks to a Sql Server.  Indexes are a
database function and therefor available through the sql server engine.  To
use Non/Clustered indexes you will have to specify them when in the table
design view.  If a table has a clustered index, and you access the db via an
ADP that ADP makes calls to a sproc/view and IT (the sproc/view) uses these
in the optimizer to access your data.  Adp's do nothing more than connect
and request the data.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Thursday, April 03, 2003 5:07 PM [GMT-8],