[dba-SQLServer]Corrupt views ... (Crossposted at AccessD)

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Apr 11 11:14:33 CDT 2003

Do any of your views use "SELECT *"? I can't prove it but I suspect that SQL
does some undercover optimizations on such statements, and when a column is
inserted after the fact there are occasional problems. I have mixed results
on this, which is why I say I can't prove it, but I never use "SELECT *"
anymore; I always click every single column that I need and go from there,
and this seems to make the problems go away.

A.