[dba-SQLServer]index limits

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Mon Apr 14 18:38:26 CDT 2003

>    in good humor, :), You remember that book you co-authored right, SQL:
> >From Access to Sql Server?, Access Data Projects are nothing more than
Code,
> and Gui that hook into Sql Server, all the tables, views, sprocs (stored
> procedures) are held in a Sql Server Engine (be it Sql 7/2000/MSDE 1/2).
> And you can tell Rabit that caffenie is a good replacement for Vitamin A
;o)
> (just brute force!!! :D)

=========I know, but sure as I don't check... you know how that goes. :)
Besides, Martin's the SQL Server expert, although I've learned (memorized) a
lot. :) Please don't give caffeine to the rabbit... it makes her twitch. :)

> just remember this, just because a little is good, does not mean that a
> WHOLE LOT is going to be better, if you find yourself needing 249 indexes
in
> a table, perhaps it's time to look at normalizing your whole DB :)

=========Nah, I'm just looking at rules -- would never, ever work on
something so complex it would require that kind of maintenance -- I'd give
up my job first -- I don't want to work THAT hard! ;)

Susan H.