[dba-SQLServer]IP Connection to SQL

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Wed Apr 16 13:51:35 CDT 2003

As an alternative to both scenarios (having SQL wide open on 1's client and running TS on 2's client), I would recommend a VPN channel that you would connect to via your normal internet connection.  After it's setup, make a shortcut and double-click...That's it!  After that you can use your client 1's-like approach, - IP + UID + PWD.  Doing so will eliminate the need for TS, and at the same time will not expose your client's databases like in client 1's case.

Robert Djabarov
Senior SQL Server DBA
USAA IT/DBMS
? (210) 913-3148 - phone