[dba-SQLServer]SQL Server Upsize

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 15:37:41 CDT 2003

Folks

I am looking at a large Multiple Back End DB. We are converting it to SQL
Server/MSDE

heres is one option. I would like comments pleaseeeeeeeeeee

All data heavy tables will be moved to SQL Server 2000. Other smaller tables
whcih dont actualy contain a great deal of data will remain in Access MDB.
We will then link the whole thing into the Front End. Move as much
processing of this stuff to SQL Server, read only tto Pass Throughs.

We are not using ADPS becasue of the recoding of the entire system. But it
may be possible as there is a way to run DAO in an ADP.

Anyone see any problems with this approach?

Anyone care to suggest another?

Any major problems joing local MDB linked tables to SQL Server Linked
tables?

Feel free to comment. I want to kick the options around.

Martin