[dba-SQLServer]SQL Server 7 and SP 4

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Fri Aug 15 16:19:10 CDT 2003

First, I'd start making backups :)

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-sqlserver-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-sqlserver-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Mark L.
Breen
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 2:51 PM
To: dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-SQLServer]SQL Server 7 and SP 4

Hello John and Robert,

Thank you very much,

What we can all derive from this is that the build informs us that the
SP is applied.

What I do not understand is why the SP's are so wrong, on SQL Desktop
edition, is returns SP1 even though it started out at SP 2 and I then
reved it to SP4.

Anyway, thank you guys for your help.

Does anyone know of a way to rectify the incorrect reported verion
number ?

Possibly an update in the registry (much as I do not wish to do so)

Regards from Ireland

Mark Breen