[dba-SQLServer]Security

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Aug 19 10:14:32 CDT 2003

you can have a database user who is the *admin* of a database, but he must
not be a member of the administrator's group.  This would give him rights to
only the db's that you would want him to be admin of, but adding users and
deleting users would be a task for either a super admin or yet a 3rd.

It is also possible to manage new users into the system if you simply use NT
authentication, this way they simply just add the new users to the new
groups and viola they have instant access to the db's they need.

if the dba's are member's of the sysadmin group then they have access to
everything.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003 6:56 AM [GMT-8],