[dba-SQLServer]Roles and Rules etc.

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Tue Aug 19 10:36:06 CDT 2003

Rule doesn't have anything to do with roles and permissions.  It's
similar however to CHECK constraint.
BOL:
"Rules, a backward compatibility feature, perform some of the same
functions as check constraints. CHECK constraints, created using the
CHECK keyword of ALTER or CREATE TABLE, are the preferred, standard way
to restrict the values in a column (multiple constraints can be defined
on one or multiple columns)."