[dba-SQLServer]SQL server on VLAN, in own workgroup

Lavsa, Rich Rich_Lavsa at pghcorning.com
Thu Aug 21 14:10:53 CDT 2003

I tried to use the IP Address.. No luck there...

I tried adding the entry to the HOSTS file as suggested by Eric.. No luck
there either..

and as far as connecting using the client utility.. I'm not sure what I'm
looking at there.. options are TCP/IP and Named Pipes.. looks like it is set
to what it should.. Am I missing something there..
How do I go about making a connection with this tool?