[dba-SQLServer]Calc Fields on XP reports

Susan Zeller szeller at cce.umn.edu
Wed Feb 5 14:24:07 CST 2003

FYI. I've just discovered what I am going to say is at least an
annoyance and possibly a bug in XP.

I have an Access XP adp file that connects to SQL Server 2000.  Record
source for some reports is a view or sproc which creates a field.  On
the report, I have a text box that adds that created field with some
other field.  The result is incorrect unless when I create the field in
my view or sproc, I explictly state the type such as cast(myfield as
decimal(10,2)).  I've seen this in both a simply adding of two fields
together as well as in the use of the running sum property.

For the most part the upgarde from 2000 to XP has been seemless, but
beware of this as it has gotten me several times alreaady.

--Susan

Susan B. Zeller
Office of Information Systems
College of Continuing Education