[dba-SQLServer]MS loses SQL server patent licensing claim

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Feb 24 07:23:27 CST 2003

Not that I'm a lawyer, but the ruling seems to concern data marts
specifically, to wit their design and use. I don't see how Office is
affected. As for SQL Server, I would guess that if the ruling holds there
will be another version, in which Analysis Services is no longer part of the
product. This could pave the way for more sales by some of the third-party
vendors such as ESSBase, Red Brick and Platinum.