[dba-SQLServer]Linked SQL Server Login Problems

Eric Barro ebarro at afsweb.com
Mon Jul 7 14:30:26 CDT 2003

Mark,

When you configure your EM connection from your laptop you need to uncheck
the trusted connection box and instead use SQL server authentication instead
of Windows authentication. Windows is trying to pass your Windows
authentication to the SQL server. Since you are not on the same domain as
the SQL server when you connect it will see you as a "different user". In
other words you won't be using the same security context.
---
Eric Barro
Senior Systems Analyst
Advanced Field Services