[dba-SQLServer]Delete Publication

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Tue Jul 8 13:54:37 CDT 2003

I need to add a field to a table that is included in a subscription.

In order to add the field, I need to first delete the subscription and
publication.

I deleted the subscription without a problem.  However, I can't delete
the publication.

When attempting to delete it thru Enterprise Mgr, it freezes for a long
period of time.

I plan on rebooting the SQL Server first thing in the morning (hopefully
this will resolve things), but am curious if there is a way to delete a
publication using Query Analyzer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Boyd