[dba-SQLServer]Delete Publication

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Wed Jul 9 07:57:22 CDT 2003

Frederick -

Thanks for the feedback.

I finally got the publication to delete thru Enterprise Mgr.

I'll definitely keep this code for future reference.

Thanks again,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Fredrick_Antony at dell.com [mailto:Fredrick_Antony at dell.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:20 AM
To: dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: RE: [dba-SQLServer]Delete Publication

Below may help

Use <dbname>

go

sp_dboption 'published', false

go

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Boyd [mailto:MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:25 AM
To: SQLServerList
Subject: [dba-SQLServer]Delete Publication

I need to add a field to a table that is included in a subscription.

In order to add the field, I need to first delete the subscription and
publication.

I deleted the subscription without a problem.  However, I can't delete
the publication.

When attempting to delete it thru Enterprise Mgr, it freezes for a long
period of time.

I plan on rebooting the SQL Server first thing in the morning (hopefully
this will resolve things), but am curious if there is a way to delete a
publication using Query Analyzer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Boyd