[dba-SQLServer]Changing Connection string server

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Sun Jul 13 22:44:28 CDT 2003

I have an application with an AXP ade and SQL2000 BE.  When an updated FE
is ready I can connect to the SQL Server using Access and set the
connection using File .. Connection.

However, I now have a situation where the SQL BE will be in another
city.  I need a way for the users to be able to open an updated FE and
connect to their data base.  They will not have Access XP and the process
is to be as simple as possible.

Can anyone give me some pointers to how I can do this.  I will know the
server name so if there was something I could do in code then this would be
acceptable.

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd