[dba-SQLServer]Sorting order when exporting

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Jun 12 22:21:50 CDT 2003

AXP ADP, SQL2000.

When I use a SELECT sproc to export to an excel spreadsheet the records
appear in a sorted order -

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputStoredProcedure, strSprocName, acFormatXLS, strFullName

However, if I use the same sproc as the basis for an INSERT INTO statement
that inserts the records into a table, I find that the records are no
longer appearing in their sorted order.

Is this a feature of  Access/SQL or is there a way for the records to be
sorted  in the correct order as they are inserted into the table?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville