[dba-SQLServer]Linked server definitions

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Jun 16 19:28:13 CDT 2003

SQL2000

In BOL in the topic "Configuring OLE DB Providers for Distributed Queries"
it says under "

OLE DB Provider Options"

The OLE DB provider options for managing distributed queries are set using
SQL Server Enterprise Manager. In the left pane of SQL Server Enterprise
Manager, right-click a linked server definition that uses the OLE DB
provider for which you want to set the properties. On the General tab,
click Options, and then set the properties.

I can't find where the list of linked server definitions are so that I can
right Click on them.  Can anyone let me know more specifically where I am
supposed to be looking on the left hand pane?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville