[dba-SQLServer]Log on showing same user as previous

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Jun 30 23:46:48 CDT 2003

I have an AXP ADP FE which is on several users computers.  It is connected
to an SQL2000 BE.

I used a full copy of Access to make the initial connection with the
database.  However the users have various user names that they log in
as.  Currently when they start up the runtime version it asks for the user
and password for the SQL database.  The user defaults to the user that I
logged on as to make the initial connection.

The users want it changed so that when the box appears asking for the user
and password, that the same user as they previously logged on as is in the
user field and they only need to enter the password (it worked in Access 97
so they want the same thing now).

Each user does not have a full copy of access so that they can set up their
connections.  I also don't want to have to make individual copies of the FE
and connect then for each user.

Is there some way for Access/SQL to remember the last user that logged on
and use this for logging on?  I can extract the current user from the
CurrentProject.Connection.ConnectionString property but where do I go from
here?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd