[dba-SQLServer]Passing the SQL Setting to a stored procedure

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 4 16:36:25 CST 2003

I just had a fascinating idea.  I do a lot of building up of SQL Strings
then executing them in A2K.  Would it be possible to build a stored
procedure where the parameter passed in is the SQL statement to be executed?
IOW, do the same thing we do now, manually build a SQL string with the
actual values of controls in where clauses etc., then pass that string to a
stored procedure and have the stored procedure execute the SQL string and
hand back the data?