[dba-SQLServer]Creating views from an adp -- permissions

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Mar 12 09:56:13 CST 2003

:O ad-hoc against a SQL Server?!?!? :O I don't recommend you allowing your
users save a VIEW on your server, they can seriously mis-write one and cause
serious performance problems on your server.  Instead if ad-hoc is really
something  you're looking into, why not give them an MDB w/ Read-only
snapshot views access so they can build their personal queries there.  If
you want to keep the entire system in the ADP then I recommend that you take
a look at QBF (Queries by Form) and saving the settings to a .dat or .ini of
some sort, this is the road we're going to take for our system.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003 7:37 AM [GMT-8],