[dba-SQLServer]basic question

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Wed Mar 19 14:48:46 CST 2003

I'd have to take back a part of my previous statement about not being able to assign a new SEED number for an identity field.  As Billy Pang correctly pointed out, - DBCC CHECKIDENT(...) allows you to reseed the value for the SEED parameter.  Thanks Billy.

However, INCREMENT parameter cannot be changed without recreating the table.

Robert Djabarov
Senior SQL Server DBA
USAA IT/DBMS
? (210) 913-3148 - phone