[dba-SQLServer]Deleting record (Column Reference Constraint)

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Mar 20 15:23:27 CST 2003

I tried deleting a record from within the table itself and it deleted no
problem.

At 19/03/2003, you wrote:
>just wondering, this database, did you upsize it from Access using
>upsizing wizard?

Yes - It was upsized from A97.

>also, try running the following in QA:
>EXEC SP_fkeys @pktable_name =
>'THE_TABLE_YOU_ARE_TRYING_TO_DELETE_RECORDS_FROM'
>
>Look in the FKTABLE_NAME column for the child tables related to the parent
>table.

This shows 1 record (as expected).  There are no records in the FKTable
related to the record I am trying to delete.

I finally solved the problem.  I had a sproc as the recordsource.  I
changed it to a view and it worked.  (Thanks for the previous tip Arthur)

David Emerson