[dba-SQLServer]ADP form based on 1-to-many SQL statement

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Tue May 6 22:29:59 CDT 2003

In A97 I had a form which was based on an SQL which joined three tables.  I
was able to change any field from any of the tables.

Now in SQL2000 I am not.  Reading A2002 Enterprise Developers handbook
(Litwin, Getz, Gunderloy) pg 280 they say that Fields on forms based on a
one-to-many join represented as a SQL statement are updateable in a SQL2000
database, regardless of which table contains the field.  So I am trying to
find out what I am doing wrong.

I have set the unique table to the many table.  The resynch command has
been done.  If I make the table based on only one table it works ok, but
not on more than one.

I don't want to change the form to a form/subform structure if I can help
it because it is already a subform of another form (although I am just
trying to get it working on its own at the moment) and it would only add
extra complication for the users (currently the full structure has two
columns of fields that the user compares, updates fields, and then decides
which column to commit to the database).

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville