[dba-SQLServer]ADODB connection via ASP to SS7

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Thu May 15 09:28:02 CDT 2003

Hi All,

SS7 on Win2000 Server
IIS4 on WinNT 4 Server

I am trying to create an ASP page that makes a connection to a SS7 database
using an ADODB Connection object.

When I test the ASP page I get this error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e4d'
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

How do I control what user the web server uses to connect to SS7?
What I mean is that I did not anticipate ANONYMOUS LOGON to be used for the
database access and would like to have the web server use a different NT
login.

Here is the code I am using in my ASP page:

Dim OBJdbConnection
Set OBJdbConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
OBJdbConnection.ConnectionTimeout = 15
OBJdbConnection.CommandTimeout = 30
OBJdbConnection.Open "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=SQLSERVER;Initial
Catalog=TimeTracker;Integrated Security=SSPI"

Thanks,
Joe R.

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to TNCO, Inc. and
intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional, or other privileges. If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
disclose in any form, copy, or take any action in reliance on this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message. While TNCO, Inc.
uses virus protection, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. TNCO, Inc. accepts no liability for