[dba-SQLServer]Exported spreadsheets not in order

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Wed May 28 21:43:28 CDT 2003

I have another problem with exporting to spreadsheets.  I have three
spreadsheets that are created for three companies within a database.  The
data is first put into a temporary table by a sproc which sorts the records
in the right order by a varchar field.  In two cases when the table is then
exported to excel they records are still in the same order.  In one case
though the first chunk of records appear at the end of the
spreadsheet.  They are still in the correct order but it is as if they were
deleted from the top and pasted to the bottom.

It only happens for 1 of the three companies, it consistently happens, and
to make matters worse, it works fine on my machine, but has the problem on
another.

Has anyone experienced this before or is it just a plan by psychiatrists to
drum up more business?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd