[dba-SQLServer]Re: Access to MySQL

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 15:44:30 CST 2003

While this IS a SQLServer list, I think that allowing positive and
accurate information about other data storage engines would be helpful.

I just visited mysql.com and comming in mySQL 5.0 is Stored Procedures
and Triggers. so #2 will be crossed out in the following list,
additionally according to the licensing scheme it goes like this

/quote/

The software from MySQL AB listed below is licensed under the GNU
General Public License (GPL)
<http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing.html> and is provided "as is"
and is without any warranty.

You need to purchase commercial non-GPL MySQL licenses
<https://order.mysql.com/>:

    * If you distribute MySQL Software with your non open source software,
    * If you want warranty from MySQL AB for the MySQL software,
    * If you want to support MySQL development.

/end quote/

It doesn't sound like they will be distributing anything, so option one
does not apply.  If her company wants support from mySQL then they would
pay license cost that way, otherwise then not. and of course there's the
third option.