[dba-SQLServer]Is the data a GUID?

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri Nov 14 00:56:33 CST 2003

thanks for the reply, I'm going to need to somehow figure how to test
this in Tsql tho, unfortunatly the GUID concept is one that I MUST use
because of a replication model I'm following.

I don't want to digress to that conversation as I imagine many will ask,
and I'll leave too many confused as it won't be the first time the topic
has been brought up.

so I'm thinking how I'd check for this, maybe initially the lenght of
the string?