[dba-SQLServer]Schema script could not be propogated

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Fri Nov 14 09:05:07 CST 2003

I have created a pull subscription from a SQL2k publication.  When I
attempt to synchronize thru Windows Synchronization, I receive the
following error: 'The schema script '\\SQLServer1\E$\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\SQLServer1_DB1_Pub1\20031113142755\SomeTable_1
.sch' could not be propagated to the subscriber.'.

It appears that there is a permissions issue with the snapshot folder
that was created on the SQL Server.

When I change the owner of the subscription to the SQL Server Agent
account, it syncs without a problem.

Has anyone seen this before?  I need to create about 100 pull
subscriptions to this publication, and don't really want to change the
owner on every subscription.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Boyd