[dba-SQLServer]SQL Server strangeness

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Nov 19 12:39:11 CST 2003

I didn't initally have any problems w/ MDAC 2.5 which is loaded w/ Sql
server (and is also included w/ Windows 2000.

some connections for some reason would get thorugh others would not
especially when you moved the listening port from 1433 to something
other than that.  Moving to MDAC 2.6 sp1 improved this connectivity and
I haven't had an ADO/connectivity issue w/ any of my client to server
connections.

'nuff said.

(of course, standard disclaimer, ymmv)