[dba-SQLServer]Linking to Local Table

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Oct 29 16:41:02 CST 2003

At 30/10/2003, you wrote:
>On 30 Oct 2003 at 7:22, David Emerson wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your suggestions Stuart and Paul,
> >
> > To avoid needing to maintain a large number of users we have just set up
> > half a dozen generic users.  This means that 2 people could be logged
> on to
> > the database with the same user name.  In fact, in my problem
> situation, it
> > is only one 'user name' that uses the temptable.
> >
>Bad security design from the start :-(
>What do you do if one user leaves/changes position and you have to
>prevent their further access to the system?

If they leave they no longer have access to the server.

If they change position they will be promoted (no demotions - just out the
door) giving them access to all previous areas plus the new ones.

>OK, use the PCs network name as the identifier.

Ah, now there is a thought.  Is there a function that returns this?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
25 Cunliffe St, Johnsonville