[dba-SQLServer]Issues with Multiple Subscriptions

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Fri Oct 31 11:13:25 CST 2003

Eric -
Thanks for the response.
We aren't currently replicating via FTP, although that's not to say we
can't start doing it that way.
Question, though.  When the subscriber runs replication after picking up
the file from the publisher/distributor, does it send back any changes
that were made on that server?  I would assume so.  Can you recommend a
resource that describes this process in more detail?

Thanks again,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Barro [mailto:ebarro at afsweb.com]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 11:54 AM
To: dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com

Mark,

How are you actually moving the data?

Are you having replication transfer the changes via FTP? I would
recommend this approach. Basically the replication process delivers the
file (containing the data to be replicated) to a folder on the
publisher/distributor machine and then the subscriber picks up the file
via FTP and runs replication after it grabs the file.

---
Eric Barro
Senior Systems Analyst
Advanced Field Services