[dba-SQLServer]SQL Server CE 2.0

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 16:52:28 CDT 2003

Dear Group,

Has anyone here used or know of someone who has used SQL Server CE 2.0 to
develop applications for Windows Mobile devices? I've got a client who has a
bug up his rear about using hand-held devices to pick products from
inventory for shipping. He isn't using any Windows-based software now for
his manufacturing, inventory and order fulfillment...but he appears to be
open to the use of hand-held PCs for this purpose...maybe even wireless.

I've been looking through the Microsoft pages on Windows Mobile. I notice
that Access doesn't appear to be an option on a hand-held. Then I saw SQL
Server CE and I went, whaaaa? What do you lot think about it?

Regards...