[dba-SQLServer]SQL Server CE 2.0

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 20:09:08 CDT 2003

Robert,

>> HH's have been used at least for the past 3 years, including merge
replication. <<

Hmmm, maybe so. It seems like a lot of overkill for a hand-held especially
when there are perfectly good sync programs available. What's so special
about SQL Server CE? I'm trying to find a nice programmable database that
can be used on a hand-held to help out this client of mine. We even looked
at running a DOS emulator on a CE handheld to run dBASE or Paradox for DOS.

Regards...