[dba-SQLServer]Restoring SQL Backups

Eric Barro ebarro at afsweb.com
Tue Sep 23 10:01:13 CDT 2003

John,

Here's the restore process I use via SQL Query Analyzer...

RESTORE DATABASE nameofdatabase
FROM DISK = 'F:\BACKUP\nameofbackup'
WITH
REPLACE,
MOVE 'logicalnameofdatafile' TO 'G:\MSSQL\DATA\nameofdatabase.mdf',
MOVE 'logicalnameoflogfile' TO 'G:\MSSQL\DATA\nameofdatabase.ldf'

WAITFOR DELAY '00:00:05'

---
Eric Barro
Senior Systems Analyst