[dba-SQLServer] Spell checker

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 16:56:07 CDT 2004

Dear Group,

I had a meeting today with the client that's given me the go-ahead to convert an Access FE / BE application to a web-based database. I'll be constructing it with ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, SQL Server.NET...I mean, just plain old SQL Server 2000. This .NET stuff gets a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, my client admits to having a learning disability: he never learned to spell worth a darn. He was curious to know if a spell checking capability could be built into the web front end for a SQL Server database or if some add-on was available. I haven't the first clue about this partly because I'm a good speller. I rarely use spel chekkurs. Hah!

Anybody know of any product or tool available for adding spell checking to a .NET interface for a SQL Server database?

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI

"IBM had every chance to end the Windows monopoly with OS/2 but shot itself in the foot, ankle, shin, knee, and hip, reloading each time, before giving up." - Jerry Pournelle