[dba-SQLServer] TicketMaster-like Timer

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Dec 25 16:59:13 CST 2004

On 25 Dec 2004 at 13:05, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> of the schedule thing, dunno yet if you can go down as far as one
> minute. It certainly wouldn't hurt performance to run such a sproc once
> a minute, given that all it has to do is delete rows whose timestamp is
> older than Now - 5 minutes.

My initial thought was a scheduled sproc, but a trigger may well be the way
to go - Every time you get a new customer on line,  do a clean up of your
pending reservations table. It may slow things down during peak periods a
little bit, but it also means that you don't have to run the sproc all the
time during quiet periods.  I guess you'd need to look at your user pattern
to determine the best solution in your case.

--
Stuart