[dba-SQLServer] Convert nvarchar to money

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Wed Feb 25 12:10:36 CST 2004

I am trying to append data from Table1 to Table2.

In Table1, the field [Amount] is datatype 'nvarchar'.

In Table2, the field [Amount] is datatype 'money'.

I am using the following SQL query to run the append: "INSERT INTO
Table2 SELECT AcctNum, Amount FROM Table1".

I guess I need to use the CONVERT function, but can't figure out how
this is done.

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Boyd

Sr. Systems Analyst

McBee Associates, Inc.