[dba-SQLServer] Some quick install notes and warnings on SQL Express2005

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 17 11:31:37 CDT 2004

Hi Marty:

Fine piece of investigation.

I was just about to install SQL Empress on my 2003XP server, one with SQL
2000/EM and would have lost the manager. I wondering if there is a work
around as I was hoping to have an application put together using Access2003
or VB.Net and SQL Express, by the end of the summer.

Looks like that will not be possible for a while.

I guess if the application is assembled, using SQL2000, the table
structure/SP etc.. should be portable to SQL Express, on a XP box and
Express.

A little off topic:

I have been trying to find some info on reporting capabilities of
VB.Net...does it have any or does it require a third-party product like VB6?
Has anyone worked or found a good site with code related to extending VB.Net
grid capabilities?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Jim