[dba-SQLServer] Difference between views and queries

Francis Harvey HARVEYF1 at WESTAT.com
Wed Jun 30 10:21:12 CDT 2004

Arthur,

More often than not?

<snip>

> I think dynamic SQL is for the lazy. So there, I said it.

You really would characterize your responses as that balanced? I find
your current restatement far more agreeable. Of course, I could add
similar comments about people who's databases aren't fully normalized.
Most of the time it is due to laziness and causes inefficiency and
requires greater coding. Yet, sometimes it is necessary. Would you
then make those same statements from above about everyone whose database
isn't fully normalized? I would think you would at least be curious as
to why it was done before making such blanket statements.

Francis R Harvey III
WB 303, (301)294-3952
harveyf1 at westat.com

<snip>